all 46 excuses on my friends wall,
1. i was just really, really early for tomorrow
2. we can’t all be usain bolt
3. in this day and age, we shouldn’t need labels like “late”
4. i had pe first period do you blame me
5. i really, really didn’t want to sing
6. my brother thought it would be hilarious to drop me outside the prison gates
7. you can’t tell me how to live my life
9. my legs fell off and i had to roll all the way to the emergency clinic
10. there was a freak yachting accident
11. i am a fucking retard
12. this is just for my wall
13. do you even read these
14. “it does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop”
15. i spent my entire night writing tom daley fanfiction
16. my father left my mother for an air hostess seven years ago do you expect me to get over that emotional trauma overnight
17. sarah palin and i got into a twitter war and i couldn’t leave and let her win
18. traffic jammy jammy jam
19. how can i go to school when alex turner
20. my sim was having an emotional meltdown and i needed to be there for her
21. i was sticking it to the man
22. i spent my entire night worrying if i would ever lose my virginity
23. fifty shades of late; i was walking and then i caught the eye of an attractive member of the opposite sex and we began exchanging significant looks and i knew we would one day make sweet love so i just walked alongside him and tried to catch his eye and to be continued
24. part two he was playing hard to get so we walked and walked and he had the perfect hair colour it was sort of beige brown anyway it turned out he was walking to a bus stop so obviously i had to catch the bus because true love and silently we rode out to papakura and into the sunset
25. my meth lab caught fire
26. my bed is more comfortable than your school will ever be
27. i was sad
28. it was a nice day, so i walked leisurely
29. i had beat my younger brother for saying “swag”
30. i had to travel back to the 1950’s to ensure my birth
31. 2 kool 4 scool
32. i had to stop, collaborate and listen
33. i tried
34. i’m sorry i’m late
it’s not my fault
my auntie was killed
and i joined a cult
35. a haiku about lateness:
late late late late late
late late late late late late late
late late late late late
36. my best friend was telling me how to give a satisfactory blow job i wish i was joking
37. i was fashionably late
38. i was caught in a flash mob true story omfg
39. i did not choose the late life, the late life chose me
45. i was fighting al qaeda
YESSSS IT’S ON MY DASHBOARD AGAIN
the post that doesn’t age
why do people get so mad about puns? they’re literally the nicest kind of humor. they make nobody feel bad. it’s just clever. sometimes it’s original. learn to like puns. don’t let society run your life
Some may not admit it, but 99% of the anger people experience after a good pun comes from the fact that they didn’t think of it first.
HIS NAME IS GEORGE PERCY
HIS NAME IS GEORGE PERCY
HIS NAME IS GEORGE FUCKING PERCY
Don’t ever say George fucking Percy again pls
^ OH MY GOD
Or no pulse at all, in the case of Death…
I’ve had a lot of people call me out on my comment regarding Gal Gadot’s resume. I can see their point. Certainly and actress who hasn’t worked very much in film in their career could be a good actress. I’ve seen her work and certainly I don’t think she’s bad. But I also don’t think I’ve seen the range and experience that I’d like to see.
I think everyone can agree that the casting of Wonder Woman is hugely important. While there have been multiple Batman movies and multiple Superman movies, in 75 years there has never been a live action Wonder Woman movie. A few years ago when Brandon Routh didn’t work out, they just went and cast another actor. And we got another Superman movie. When Eric Bana didn’t work as Hulk, they went and got another actor. And when Norton didn’t work out they got another actor.
I think anyone who knows the way it is with women in Hollywood and big budget movies it just doesn’t work that way.
Lynda Carter didn’t have much experience. And she was fantastic. But that was another place and time. A TV program in the 70s is not a big screen movie. The stakes were not as high.
Maybe I’m naive. Maybe I’m just too gun shy but I honestly believe that Wonder Woman has one shot on the big screen. This casting will help determine that. That’s a lot of pressure.
Do you think it is fair to want an actress that you know will kill the part?An actress you know has shown the range, the work, the ability?
When Hathaway was cast as Catwoman, there was a lot of people who didn’t like her. But you knew her work and you could tell she could act.
Same with Adams.
Same with Scarlett Johanson.
Oh you might not like them. You might not even think they’re very good actors.
But there is certainly a lot of work to evaluate them by.
As far as I’m concerned my hope was for the BEST actress possible to play Wonder Woman.
One indicator of a good actress to me would be a CV showing range and regular work.
Certainly others could feel that wasn’t a concern.
Gal Gadot may turn out to be a great Wonder Woman.
She may have range and talents that we haven’t seen.
She may have not gotten work despite being a great actress because of other reasons.
That’s a lot of assumptions. Some may be satisfied with that. Some may feel she looks the part and that’s enough. Some may think that what they’ve seen of her acting is enough.
It’s take 75 years to put Wonder Woman on the big screen.
If this doesn’t work, you’re not likely to see another try for awhile.
You can disagree but I was hoping for a slam dunk sure bet.
I said this as a reply, but I’m going to say it as a reblog too.
Who is this perfect Wonder Woman you would have cast?
You can claim that it’s a “Lot of maybes” for Gal Godot, but if you’re not naming any alternatives, your choices are even more maybes.
You want to claim Gal Godot was a bad option.
GIVE OTHER ONES that other people can criticize and say what they think are good or bad about them.
You can’t hold her up to a mythical “The perfect person to cast as wonder woman” if said perfect casting doesn’t exist.
No one will be happy. Ever.
We finally get a Wonder Woman and she is a “PoC” and people complain because she is not good enough.
We get Ben Affleck, who is a credited actor and director. Who is a fan of Batman. Who can act. Everyone hates him.
Why not just let the movie fucking drop before people jump up and down. The casting is done.
It’s like complaining about a sandwich you hate because you hate it but never tried it. Take a bite. Swirl it around. Swallow the tasty food. THEN judge it.
Complaining she is wrong at this point is just ridiculous when we have one movie to judge her acting on.
Chris Hemsworth had a shitty tv career here in Aus and one small bit role in Star Trek and he is “the perfect Thor” now.
At least this isn’t about her breast size like I’ve heard some people complain about.
Storm… I kind of miss the innocent Ororo that thought clothing was optional.
(more comic art)
It’s like they are looking at Remender and Bendis and going ‘seriously guys, what the hell?’
I never get tired of this photo.
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at Mocambo because of her race. Then, one of Ella’s biggest fans made a telephone call that quite possibly changed the path of her career for good. Here, Ella tells the story of how Marilyn Monroe changed her life:
“I owe Marilyn Monroe a real debt… she personally called the owner of the Mocambo, and told him she wanted me booked immediately, and if he would do it, she would take a front table every night. She told him – and it was true, due to Marilyn’s superstar status – that the press would go wild. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. The press went overboard. After that, I never had to play a small jazz club again. She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it.”
Whenever your faith in people is lost, remember these pictures.